iOSDocked Show Notes
Episode #: 37
Hosts: Joe Lombardo, Clay Russell, Jerry Goldbaum, and Donny Benfield
Game Center Showdown
Last week’s rankings among the crew:
1st: Jerry Goldbaum with 125,076 points
2nd: Donny Benfield with 43,110 points
3rd: Clay Russell with 18,153 points
4th: Joseph Lombardo with 1,808 points
5th: Jordan Patterson with 0 points
Honorable Mentions: J Doss with 76,160 points and Ellyn Gray with 2,830 points
This week’s showdown features this game: Time Surfer
- 6.1 update released for iOS
- Jailbreak release imminent or already released for iOS 6.0/6.1 and most importantly iPhone 5 with Evasi0n
- Unlocking your phone without carrier approval now considered illegal?
The Rumor Roundup (iDream Segment)
- Apple getting cozy with HBO? HBO Go on Apple TV in near future?
- New Apple device revealed by FCC smaller with minor internal changes? (confirmed?)
- 128GB option on the next iPhone?
- 5” iPhone?
Hails, Stales and Fails (Rapid-fire Segment)
- Apple brings in 3.5 times more revenue then Google Play in 2012
- iOS now the oldest mobile operating system
- Apple announces and iPad 4 128GB model for $799
- First clip of jOBS movie released
- AT&T has announced their Q4 2012 financial results, and out of a record 10.2 million smartphones sold, a record 8.6 million were iPhones
- Apple today announced their financial results for Q1 2013, the typically lucrative holiday quarter, and it includes 47.8 million iPhone, 22.9 million iPads, 12.7 million iPods, 4.1 million Macs and $54 billion in revenue.
Random Tech Story
- Nudity and pornography a problem for iOS? Vine 500px
Sizing up the Competition
- Blackberry Officially announces BB10 and flagship phones Z10 and Q10 for release in March and April later this year
Jerry: Caudabe Frost back case for iPad
Donny: THX Tune-Up
- @IrunMunk tweets: @iOSDocked Served me well during my last road trip. Y'all are a bunch funny mofos, remind me of my crew. Cheers and keep it up. #iOS #bigfan
Last Week’s Listener Feedback Question
- Has Apple lost favor with the teenager demographic to the likes of Android?
- @IrunMunk tweets: @clayrussell @iOSDocked negative, iOS ecosystem #1. Don't know many kids that will explore other media outlets other than iTunes or AppStore
This Week’s Roundtable/Listener Feedback Question
- Team Pure or Team Jailbreak? Prior to this most current Jailbreak for iOS 6, what's more important to you, keeping your Jailbreak and apps or updating to the next major iOS version?
Where you can reach the iOSDocked crew
- Joe - @apollo4090 on twitter or google+ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clay - @clayrussell on twitter, clayrussell.me on Google+ , blogs on iPhonaddict.com or email email@example.com
- Jordan - @JordanPatterson on twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerry - @JNGold on twitter, blogs on techmusings.me or email email@example.com
- Donny - @DonnyBenfield on twitter
Please subscribe to the show in iTunes and take the time to leave us a review and comment.
You can leave us a voicemail with your comments or questions at (708) 620-4737 (iPDP).
Check out our website at www.iOSDocked.net
We thank you all for listening! Goodbye!